Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Walking in Grace

Sometimes life has it's way of throwing you curve balls that you were not expecting it to throw. I have been thrown quite the curve ball and have spent this time trying to discover what exactly the Lord has to show me. I have heard the Lord say to just wait. For those of you who know me know that this is an extremely hard task for me. I love to plan things and have situations organized in a timely manner. I also love to know my beginning from the end. I am learning that is not possible all of the time and sometimes just waiting in the comfort of the Lord is having a plan in Him. I am learning to trust in his timing and perfect will for my life.

Psalm 31:14-15
“But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say, “You are my God.”
My times are in Your hand;” (NKJV)

Psalm 31:24
“Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!” (NIV)

1 Corinthians 1:25
“For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.” (NIV)

Psalm 46:1
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” (NIV)

I am fully aware that I have not the strength on my own to walk this journey alone. I am also fully aware that God gives grace to those who need it to walk through trying times that they could never otherwise on their own walk through by themselves. I am choosing to walk in his grace and choosing to walk in his understanding mercies. Thank goodness His mercies are new everyday.

Today we went on Luke's first school field trip. We went to an apple orchard and Luke and his classmates got to learn about apples, take a hayride, pick a pumpkin, go through a corn maze and try apple cider. It was a great educational experience for Luke. One of his favorite moments of the day was to ride the school bus to the orchard. I also went on the field trip with Eli and my sister Morgan. It was a great day. I am just amazed by how much Luke is learning and growing right before my eyes. Yesterday is school he learned about the letter "B" and "F". It was neat his little sayings for the letters.

Thank you for you time of reading my blog. Like I have said before it is a work in progress and still may change from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. Love you girl! "I am learning that is not possible all of the time and sometimes just waiting in the comfort of the Lord is having a plan in Him." Great statement.

    ReplyDelete