Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Great Pumpkin Design

Last Tuesday Luke's classroom went on a school field trip to an apple orchard. During the field trip each child got to bring home a pumpkin. Luke's teacher wanted all of the kids to decorate their pumpkins and turn them in by today. The one stipulation is that the kids could not carve the pumpkins because they didn't want them to mold because they were going to be on display.

I had to do some research on how I was going to decorate Luke's pumpkin. The first and only place I turned to was Pinterest. Pinterest is an awesome huge online pin board full of so many wonderful and creative ideas. The internet is such a wonderful tool these days. So I took Luke up to my mother's house and she helped us design the pumpkin. Luke enjoyed so much hammering all of the nails in for hair of the pumpkin. Luke did give us some great ideas like suggesting that his pumpkin needed eyebrows. So cute.

Luke was very, very, proud of the finished product. I walked him into his classroom this morning to help him deliver his pumpkin. He was so proud to show his teachers and classmates. He was giggling every time he showed it to someone. It was adorable. Sometimes I get intimidated with having to be creative for all of the school projects because that is not my strong personality trait but I will have to say it was worth the work. Thanks to my mom for her support as well. Luke's pumpkin was a success! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment