Thursday, March 18, 2010

Teaching a Toddler!


My day has been really productive so far. I have made a Lasagna and put it in the refrigerator for dinner. Washed dishes, fed the boys lunch, and so on and so forth! I love to prepare meals earlier in the day because around dinner time the boys are usually under my feet and it is hard to prepare food. I have some hungry men around this place young and old!

I have been diligently teaching my son Luke all that I can before he starts school. I want him to be ahead of the game and be well informed. Today we worked on the letters A and B and what sounds they make and what they look like. Tomorrow we will try to write them. He has this great v-tech toy that he places the letter in and it sings a song and explains to him what the letter is and what sound it makes. He sings the alphabet song all of the time and I think it is so cute. He has his basic colors, number, counting, and shapes down already. Now on to the more complicated things. Luke is a huge sponge right now.

Eli is still fighting a cold. His congestion at times seems to get better but then there are still those really fussy moments. He has been crying more today and I am beginning to wonder if he has an ear infection because he still has a constant low grade fever.

Life as a mother has it's ups and downs but all together it is so rewarding. When the little ones hop up in your arms and give you a kiss or just want to snuggle it is those moments that brighten up your heart. Just the other day Luke told me how pretty I was and that made my day. What a great husband he will be one day.

I am enjoying going to the gym in the evenings when Jeremy gets home. It is allowing me a little time out and I can get the frustrations of the day out on the treadmill!!! Also, hopefully I will loose some of this baby weight. My weight is one area of my life that I struggle with and feel no control over, but now that I am going to the gym the process seems less intimidating!

To all of you mother's whether you work or stay at home may blessings of joy be the strength that guide's you through the day. You have so much to offer your little ones that God has placed within you. You inspire your children everyday with just LOVE!!!! Be the life you know you want to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment