Monday, April 4, 2011

Wading the Storm



My husband and I are currently going through some rough times right now. (Not with our marriage, everything there is GREAT!) I feel like I am out in the middle of the ocean with the storms raging and all I have to hold onto is the safety of the Lord. I am doing my best to remember that God has always been there for us and always had our backs.




I have been throwing myself into my pictures lately because that gives me joy and peace. My boys are such a great distraction for me and give me such joy and laughter. Eli will just smile at me and I feel better. Today he was saying to me while I was having a moment, "You o-tay mommy" with a big smile on face. I love the care that my boys have for others.

I am just writing this blog to remind others to try and find the joy amongst the storm as I am trying to do now. God is faithful and always has been. I am learning patience and trust again. Loving the journey.

3 comments:

  1. Lauren,
    I've been seeing your post on facebook. I'm praying for your family. I wanted to share an image the Lord gave me a little while back that goes along with the storm thing.
    I can't remember what I was walking through specifically. I just remember it seemed impossible. It was hard and I kept crying out to the Lord. I had this picture of me in water. Up to my neck. I was treading with all I had in me. And there was NOTHING in sight. No land. No boat. No one. Nada. I was ALL BY MYSELF. At first it didn't seem like such a big deal, but then I began to panic. I started thinking, how in the world will I survive this. Here I am, all alone. I am going to get tired. I AM tired. Just whining whining whining. The Lord just loves it when I do that. ;-) Anyway, once I was finished with my little pity party. The Lord goes. Amanda, STAND UP. At this point my arms are flailing, my legs are kicking and again, nothing is happening. I thought, are you kidding me. How can I stand up. Here I am treading this water. Don't you SEE ME? Then He said it again. Amanda STAND UP. and you know what? I stood up, and the water was to my thighs!! That water I was just freaking out about drowning in WAS TO MY THIGHS!! It's amazing what a change in perspective does. Know Lauren, he sees you and Jeremy. He hasn't left you or forgotten you in this storm. Maybe it looks like that right now, but remember, he is the calmer of the storm. Who knows, maybe He's asking you to stand up?
    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amanda for your comment. I needed to hear that. I am doing my best to stand strong. I am just being attacked both emotionally and physically right now and it is so hard. I know God is for me and not against me. I trust that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought I wrote this....crazy. I have been thinking about you all day although my phone is dead. I love you so much and hate you are facing transition and change. Jeremy is a good man. We all know that. How hard to be falsly accused. I added your blog on mine.

    ReplyDelete