Thursday, November 4, 2010

Messy Eating!



I know I have a 4 1/2 year old son who eats well now but I still have not perfected how to train my 20 month old how to eat with a spoon. I am having a hard time remembering when Luke perfected the spoon technique but Eli has still not arrived there yet. He is having fun learning though at my expense. I am such a neat freak that letting him learn on his own kills me but I know it is necessary in order for him to learn how to feed himself. Jeremy is the same way about a mess and we both would rather feed him so that we don't have to worry about the mess but we know that is not helping him. I think I will start letting him feed himself a bowl of cereal every morning so he can learn how to work a spoon. I still can't resist that messy smile. Got to love a happy boy.

2 comments: